Saturday, June 25, 2016

WIP Perturabo

The walking fortress himself Perturabo! It's been a challenge going the NMM route on this but it's worth the effort. This sculpt is one of my favorites Forgeworld/Gamesworkshop/whatever they call themselves have produced. It absolutely captures, in a sculpture, the artwork style of John Blanche. I can't say it any better than that. An absolute joy to bring to life.

Here's how it began.

Airbrush!


Paintbrush!


Money shot of that sweet wet pallet. I had to mix up a custom gray /blue to get it just right. Exile blue, Vallejo black and white.


Preppin and steppin, also a little preview of an upcoming project. I know it's hard to tell but the chunky components that make up the scenic base have been magnetized so Perturabo can be used in game as well. It finally dawned on me to magnetize those scenic bases after painting three Primarchs..Live and learn, slowly I guess.



Alright, Back to it! I have Empire soldiers to build and a Grolar to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment