Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tutorial: Making a tiny rose

While staring at a recent project, the idea came that something was missing. Deciding to go with every idea that came to me on this one, I went about making a wee tiny rose.

What you'll need:

Tinfoil
 Hobby Knife
Brass rod
Glue 
Wire Clipper
Tweezers 

Step one, cut a long pennant shape out of your tinfoil and glue it to a length of brass rod.


Step two, score the top half of the pennant with your trusty blade.


Step three, wrap that pennant, carefully, around the brass rod. When I wrapped it I pulled it in a downward spiral to make sure my "petals" were curling in a natural way.


Step four, I added a small ball of foil to the empty center of the rose and used my various tools to bend the petals to shape.


Step five, Paint it in blood! I also notice there were no leaves on the stem so I cut some teardrop shapes from my tinfoil and glued them in place.


This will be added to the top of my C.A.G.E.'s banner which will be popping up in the future.







2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that simple yet beautiful little tutorial.
    I'll be bookmarking this for later use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow very cool, thanks for the Tutorial!

    ReplyDelete