Thursday, August 7, 2014

Galleon Step One

So many pieces..But pretty they are. It's always fun to see how far you can take a project this size. I began ponderously but slowly I decided on a paint scheme while I trimmed and sanded..and drilled and sculpted, re-sanded. 


So It looks like a Galleon.


I know the theme is usually nautical like a dock or cargo bay for these guys so I wanted to do something different. Trenches seem to fit the setting so maybe a muddy trench would be telling enough of moisture nearby. 


I wanted ti to look a little more fortress-like and also more of a mid campaign look. I built a sort of hunting stand made of the same materials in the trench, figuring the pirates adapted throughout the skirmishes and added a gunman to the right shoulder. Maybe as a guard against smaller targets hiding low in the trenches?



Shazaam, a rough look at where this guy is going :)






3 comments:

  1. very good project, i love the base!
    waiting for more.
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is such a cool model! Base looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Sam, that base is amazing!

    ReplyDelete