Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Center of the Hive, Silver at Gamesday Chicago

Here's one of my winners from Gamesday this year. I've been procrastinating on taking pictures of this piece because I knew it would be difficult. It came out ok in the end but I think I could have taken some more cinematic angles on some of the shots. I got stuck into the mindset of click, rotate, click and just tried to present the model without any frills...the more I talk about it the more I think of re-shooting it.

Anyways here's what did come out of last night's work.


It's also on Coolmini, go vote!


Oh the memories tied into this piece. It's the first diorama I've ever attempted and it sat by the wayside many many times. It just struck me when I opened the Space Hulk boxed set. As soon as I saw the genestealers I knew I had to use them for something. Who knows when the next model will inspire me to make something much larger than the model itself? I have a lot of models to paint for next years events and I'm really growing to love the diorama category :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment