Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Deathwing project log update

I've been steadily chipping away at the massive Deathwing Commission handed to me form Kevin the bitz pimp (http://myworld.ebay.com/teachermickeymouse/?_trksid=p4340.l2559) I've crawled across the longest mile through sheer mechanical toiling. 
Before applying a wash of badab black  I had to paint all the silver, astronomicon grey, codex grey and white. Then add the highlights. This was the longest and most mundane part of the process, I think you can say that about any project when you're painting a batch of 35 guys at once. 

Here they are lounging about on a TV tray.



and here's a group and that wandered into my lightbox.


The only steps that remain are painting lighting on all the power weapons, highlighting the metal, armor and grey details. Oh and I have to take care of the few guys that are helmetless.

So hopefully I'll have these guys out of the way by the weekend and I can move on to the 3 landspeeders and  HQ section.






No comments:

Post a Comment